Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Art Bead Scene March 2015

Two heads are better then one-- or Happy Easter! I've been learning to work with Polymer Clay and love Raku- so a few internet searches and I found some lovely tutorials for creating a Raku finish. I wanted to capture a totem feel with the heads and although sideways one of them looks like Elvis totem, it will always hold a special place in my heart since it's one of the first ones I've created. A shout out to Maureen Carlson for her mentorship and mold to get me started. Who knew I loved faces so much. Now masks and faces are something I look for as a springboard for creativity. The ceramic beads are from Tracey Donohughe from Pittsburgh, Her beads are so hard for me to part with, I love them all. And special thanks to Heather for the artistic nudge and a fun filled weekend exploring metals and polymer when she visited Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment